Cleaning & Repair Policy
The Safety of our customers and employees is paramount.
Please become familiar with our Cleaning & Repair Policy for the protection of our staff.
Gear Wash assumes that all gear shipped to Gear Wash HAS NOT been cleaned unless the customer provides documentation on Gear Wash’s PPE Service Form that the item(s) has been properly cleaned according to NFPA 1851 and manufacturer cleaning instructions:
- Garments cleaned by the customer SHALL NOT be worn after cleaning.
- If the customer has cleaned the garments in-house, we recommend that you ship the garments with the outer shell and liner separated and folded together. Separated components may indicate to Gear Wash that the items were properly cleaned.
- Customers shall fill out the Gear Wash PPE Service Form and check off whether the garment(s) has been cleaned per NFPA 1851 standards. If no documentation is provided to indicate that the item was cleaned, then the item(s) will automatically be cleaned and billed at our then current cleaning rate.
- Gear Wash assumes that New or Like New garments sent to Gear Wash without new garment manufacturer tags or documentation (e.g. FEMSA book) attached have been worn and will be automatically cleaned.
- Gear Wash reserves the right to perform a Soil Transfer Test (STT) on any item(s) cleaned by the customer and sent to Gear Wash to determine if the item meets Gear Wash’s cleaning and safety standards before being handled by our employees.
- Items that fail the STT test and/or have unknown stains or contaminates will automatically be cleaned and billed our appropriate Level 1-4 cleaning rate.
- If soiled/contaminated items ARE NOT separately bagged and are dropped off or shipped in the same box/bag/bundle as clean items, then ALL items in the box/bag/bundle will be cleaned.
- Gear Wash will not perform Advanced Inspection services of prepare Estimates on items that are not clean.
- Gear Wash employees are authorized to re-submit customer cleaned items to be re-cleaned if it is determined, in our sole judgment and experience, that the item is not safe for handling.
- Biologically contaminated items should be placed in a red Bio Hazard bag by the custom to clearly indicate that special handling is required by Gear Wash.
- Items sent for and Special Situation cleaning shall be placed in a plastic bag and clearly tagged on the outside indicating the contaminate(s) the items were exposure to.
If you have any questions, please call Gear Wash on 866-657-0111. Thank you for your consideration
Effective January 1, 2003. Updated on 5/1/2010.