Filthy PPE gear is more often a health and safety hazard. The buildup of hydrocarbons, soot, and chemicals on PPE can potentially combust and toxins and other harmful agents can be absorbed into the skin. Below are some of the other key reasons you should have your PPE gear cleaned and inspected annually with Gear Wash:
- Soiled PPE reflect less radiant heat
- PPE heavily contaminated with hydrocarbons are more likely to conduct electricity
- Oil, grease, and hydrocarbon deposits from smoke cause PPE to ignite
- Reflective trim may become less visible
- Fabrics may weaken and tear more easily and thread may become loose
What We Do
Gear Wash's proven cleaning process removes these contaminates and extends the useful life of your organization's gear. We adhere to current industry standards and usedetergents that meet current standards and are designed for PPE fabrics. Our engineered Dry Room ensures that your gear is safely dried and finished without additional wear to your equipment. Our Advanced Cleaning services include:
- Advanced Cleaning
- Special Situation Decontamination (Removal of Oil, Fuels, Tar, & Other Solids)
- Special Situation Disinfection (Biological Disinfection from Exposure to Body Fluids, Mold, Etc.)
- Heavy Decontamination (Call for Information)
Gear Wash's professional cleaning facility is designed to handle your specific PPE cleaning needs. All cleaning services meet manufacturer, industry, and NFPA cleaning standards..
For more information about our advanced cleaning services, contact us at (866) 657-0111 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.